Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

ABC March 2015 Lemoniest Little Lemon Loaf

This is one light, fluffy, fine textured cake with a hint of lemon taste in every bite, love it!
A bake for Avid Bakers Challenge (ABC) hosted by Hanaa's Kitchen, where we will be baking using recipes taken from Scientifically Sweet, a blog by Christina Marsigliese


Too bad I couldn't get browned crust on top and the sides. Look at how pale my cake is. It's like there's something missing from this cake, so incomplete without the beautiful brown crust :(
I reckoned it's because of the position of the oven rack. I should have placed on the higher rack. By the time I realized it, the cake has been fully baked I didn't want to bake further




The changes I did:
  • I replaced 1/3 of the flour used with whole wheat pastry flour
  • I used caster sugar instead of granulated sugar
You may view the full recipe HERE




One of the cake I definitely will bake again, and I will make sure I will get the browned crust in the future :)




This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge January 2015, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. The texture of your cake looks fantastic. Did you use a light-color baking pan? I used dark bundt pans which browned the cakes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes I used light color pan. I will try using dark color pan and see how
      thks for the advice :)

      Delete
  2. The texture of your cake is absolutely beautiful. Nice job! Not quite sure why it didn't brown (mine didn't either).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...