Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bake Along #80 Easy Lazy Mini Chocolate Croissants

This is for me. Easy and quick. Especially during this school holiday when I heard word 'mummy' being called out hundred times LOL
So for now, I made this. With the humid how weather recently and the running around bored kids at home, I do not think it's a good idea to try out the from the scratch croissant recipe which involving time consuming never ending refrigerating, freezing, rolling, folding, and not to mention high risk of butter melting. If that thing happens right now, I think I can tear the whole house down haha...


My easy peasy mini chocolate croissants using frozen puff pastry
 
 
 
Somehow the chocolate filling looks like red bean paste here in the pic below. But no, that is chocolate :)
 
 
 
What you need:
 
1 pack of frozen puff pastry
semi sweet chocolate chips
1 egg
1 tbsp water
 
Method:
  1. Thaw the puff pastry til easy to handle, and then on lightly floured surface, roll til flat in rectangular shape. Cut into smaller rectangular and cut each in diagonal to shape triangles
  2. Place semi sweet chocolate chips at the centre of each triangle and roll starting from the wider end. Twist the end and curve a little to crescent shape
  3. Place in lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven of 180degC for 20-25mins (mine was smaller size 20mins sufficed)
  4. Once it's browned, remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack
 
Those particular in choosing the best croissants, you can forget about trying this cheat recipe I did. This is enough to please my family. But of course, they will be more than happy to eat much better version of croissants too LOL
 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    Your cheated croissant looks good!
    I don't mind having this as me midnight snack..lol
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..this is a very easy lazy method of making croissants...in regardless they are real croissants or not, i know they sure taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, yes its yummy but still cant compare with the real thing LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Alice,

    This is indeed the easiest and quickest method of making croissants that I ever seen :D No worries... 2 more weeks to go before the holidays ends :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Zoe, yes, over soon, hope can find time to try out your easy croissant recipe, very tempting :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Alice,
    I can totally relate to the "Mommy" thing! Sometimes I wish I have wings and I could fly far away to relax with a book, with no one to distract me! And I would take a piece of your easy croissant with me to enjoy with a cup of coffee! Looks yummy with the chocolate filling!
    Thanks for baking along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, LOL yes, many times I wish I could be on my own away from the kids, but when I did, I constantly worrying about how they are hahaha

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...